In machine processing, there will always be problems of one kind or another. Recently, a netizen of Organic Machinery left a message to the editor in the background, asking how to make the machining dimension more stable when using CNC machine tools to process aluminum. Thanks to the netizens for their messages. The editor organized this article after sorting it out, hoping to help netizens in the industry.
Aluminum material characteristics
Before processing, we must first understand the characteristics of the material to be processed in order to design the processing plan more pertinently.
Aluminum is a kind of light metal with soft texture, low melting point and easy oxidation. It is worth noting that although pure aluminum is easy to oxidize, the alumina produced is very compact and has stable chemical properties. After adding other metals, the mechanical properties of aluminum are improved. General engineering aluminum is aluminum alloy, such as aluminum-magnesium alloy, which is commonly used on airplanes.
Aluminum and its alloys are widely used. Industries such as aerospace, home appliances and digital, automobile manufacturing can see their shadows. In addition, aluminum is also one of the commonly used materials in machine tool processing.
Precautions for aluminum processing
When using CNC machine tools to process aluminum materials, you must pay attention to these areas to make the processed dimensions more stable.
1. The state of the machine tool. Machining stability largely depends on the state of the machine tool itself. New machine tools or machine tools that have not been debugged are prone to dimensional instability. In this case, parts such as servo motors, screws, nuts, etc. can be checked, and the machine tool can be debugged.
2. Material cooling. The workpiece may be deformed after cooling. This situation is usually unavoidable, and special attention should be paid to the use of coolant. When measuring on site, the possibility of material deformation should also be considered.
three. Processing Technology. The processing technology is unreasonable, and it is easy to cause the size error of the workpiece. On the basis of ensuring the basic processing technology (such as milling CNC machining "rough first and then fine, first face and second, first large and then small" or fixture use "reduce the number of clamping, try to use modular fixture" and other basic processing details, The machining error caused by the iron filings on the aluminum parts is analyzed. It should be minimized.
4. parameter settings. Cutting speed, feed speed, cutting depth and tool compensation will affect the stability of processing, so special attention should be paid.
5. Tool selection. When processing aluminum materials, special tools should be used as much as possible, which is often more targeted. For example, special milling cutters used for aluminum alloy milling usually have a larger rake angle and helix angle, a sharper cutting edge, which is more conducive to the processing of aluminum alloy parts (such as anti-chip edge), and has a better surface quality.
6. emphasize. Aluminum is relatively soft, so special attention should be paid to the clamping strength. In addition, in the process of processing, it is best to stand for a period of time before proceeding to the next process to eliminate the stress after rough machining.
In addition, during the processing of aluminum materials, attention should be paid to the removal of chips and the use of cutting fluid. There are many factors that affect the stability of aluminum processing, and specific problems in processing should be handled flexibly.